Wonderware Intouch Time Stamp

barney123

Hi.. I was looking for a bit of help from someone that works with intouch scada... At the moment I have a Box that contains an animated Tick when a wash is complete.. This reads a Plc point ( wash01.01 ) From the plc and once the wash is complete point comes live and my Tick Appears on the Scada,Which is easy control.

What I am looking to do is instead of a tick is to have a timestamp instead..
1)Is there a small script that if a scada point comes live that I can populate a dialogue box with a time stamp..
2)There are 160 washes,, I know that I can generate a Time stamp using an intiger in the code for each of the 160 washes in the form of (2206011102 eg 11:02 on the 01062022) and one shot it each time to the scada.. But I was woundering if someone had found an easy way to do a simple memory timestamp

3) I know I could use the evet manager to display the event of the wash end, but for operators I know that I will get complaints that it is complicated,, Just a simple screen with the 160 washes and when they were completed time stamp instead of a tick..

Wonderware Intouch v10.0
Allen Bradley ( logix 5000) Plc

Any Help or ideas would be greatly appreciated
John

Last edited:
InTouch tags have .dotfield sub-attributes if you wanted to use that. When the tick value changes, it should get a current timestamp in a dotfield. There are various formats:

TickTagName.TimeDate

or
.TimeDateString
.TimeDateTime
.TimeDay
.TimeHour
.TimeMinute
.TimeMonth
.TimeMsec
.TimeSecond
.TimeTime
.TimeTimeString
.TimeYear

Thanks

Ynpmoose,,
Thank you so much for your reply below... Took me a an hour to figure it out, but it is a great stamping system. Really do appreciate you sharing your knowledge.

I must do a bit of tweeking on my tags as they are I/O Integers..
My PLC Code is in the DINT format with the 32 Bits

My Intouch Tag is Wash,, But being that I am using the 32bit setup
my string is actually (Wash.01.TimeDateString) but this is not being accepted,,
I also tried (Wash.01 = 1.TimeDateString) but unfortunately this too failed to be accepted..
But overall a great outcome..

Thanks so much Ynpmoose for your help.. Back on Wednesday so hoping to put the project to bed..

Regards
John

Thanks

Ynpmoose,,

Many Thanks,, Just Finished The extra Bool Tags sorted the issue.. Beats having to do this in the plc...

Just to say thanks for your knowledge

barney