Kepserver simulation

Thanks Chris,

I did the same thing. Please see the attached photo. Even when Quick Client is running, there is no connection!
OK

lets get Kepware communicating first.
I have kepware on a different machine so I use an IP address, if you haven't already you could try the loop back address of <127.0.0.0> or any actual IP address on the machine.
This is mine:

puTbopP.png

This works.

Now Kepware will not connect until it has a client, so run the Quick Client and it will connect.

A.JPG b.jpg c.JPG

sayahan2003

Take a look at the attached screen shots in the zip file, if you are set-up like this then there is something else going on.

Setup: look at the top circle, this opens the Settings, check Server connections, I like 10, check the port 502 and check station ID as 1. You can toggle between Registers and comms using the button in the bottom circle.

Listening: Listening for connection (bottom circle) should be the last entry if its not actually communicating, you can toggle the connection (button in the circle), the button is not very intuitive, as its connected when the icon shows unplugged,

Responding: the comms screen looks like this when its talking, the responding ID has a yellow outline (circle)

Kepware 1: Check the channel properties Network Interface is default
Kepware 2: Check the channel properties Ethernet is like this (but this should not matter except the port number.

Still not working

Can you check you computer for open ports, 502 needs to be open, but it should not matter if its all in one PC.
Got any anti virus software running? Try turning it off, same for the firewall.

Chris,

I changed the comm port. please see the message from modbus simulator in the attached photo.
I.JPG
sayahan2003

Take a look at the attached screen shots in the zip file, if you are set-up like this then there is something else going on.

Setup: look at the top circle, this opens the Settings, check Server connections, I like 10, check the port 502 and check station ID as 1. You can toggle between Registers and comms using the button in the bottom circle.

Listening: Listening for connection (bottom circle) should be the last entry if its not actually communicating, you can toggle the connection (button in the circle), the button is not very intuitive, as its connected when the icon shows unplugged,

Responding: the comms screen looks like this when its talking, the responding ID has a yellow outline (circle)

Kepware 1: Check the channel properties Network Interface is default
Kepware 2: Check the channel properties Ethernet is like this (but this should not matter except the port number.

Still not working

Can you check you computer for open ports, 502 needs to be open, but it should not matter if its all in one PC.
Got any anti virus software running? Try turning it off, same for the firewall.

With the DoMore simulator setup and KepServer, what did you use for device ID in Kep?

Two ways come to mind:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/easymodbustcp/
The latest package comes with a simulator for testing. This would work would with the Kepserver.
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Software_Products/Programmable_Controller_Software/Do-more_PLC_Programming_Software
Automation Direct Do-More Designer Software. This PLC software comes with a simulator. I have used Modbus TCP to communicate to it from other packages. Kepserver should be no exception.
http://support.automationdirect.com/products/domore.html

Hope this helps you out,

The device ID for a Modbus server device is specified as YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY.XXX. The YYY can either be the loopback address or the local IP address of the PC that is running the driver. The XXX designates the Modbus server's Station ID and can be in the range of 0 to 255.
The device ID for the Do-More Simulator would be the IP address of the computer and the station ID would be 0.
Regards,