signal converter v->mA recommendation

mikas_m

Hello guys,

can you please recommend a robust and reliable signal converter 0-5V (or 1-5V) to 4-20 mA?
I need to measure voltages between mainly between 1 and 3V (2.5V 90% of the time) with high accuracy (0.1% or better).
I have found many brand name signal converters (Siemens, Weidmuller,...) but they are 0-10V/4-20mA, so I worry about the accuracy.

Thank you!

Actually, I have found this 1SVR 040 000 R1700, but it is too expensive and it has many options (universal), which I really don't need.
This PR electronic could be what I need at a reasonable price.

Acromag TT237:

Multi-range ±1V, ±5V or ±10V input
4-20mA output (sink/source)
12-32 V loop power

I've used their TT239 frequency to mA converters and they're super easy to use. Need to be set up with a computer though, and you'll need a Mini (not Micro) USB cable. $235.75 USD list price.

+1 for PR Electronic. I've used PR Electronics units extensively - never for this specific application, but their whole schtick is "convert from anything, to anything" and I've never had any complaints with them. Simple, reliable, easy to set up.

I have standardized on the PR Electronics 4114 universal conditioner. A lot of features for a good price, and my rep in Chicago has them in stock.

Covers any signal input, easily scaled, I bought the BlueTooth adapter and can connect, program & monitor from the phone app - plus it has logging built in.

They also have an AC input conditioner I use for monitoring the incoming AC for spikes & brownouts.

The 4114 has a sister that is identical except it has an added programmable relay output (that was handy for upgrading a SLC with 4 TTL inputs to CLX DC inputs. Just programmed the relay to come on over 3 VDC and tell a regular DC input it's on.)

+1 for PR Electronic. I've used PR Electronics units extensively - never for this specific application, but their whole schtick is "convert from anything, to anything" and I've never had any complaints with them. Simple, reliable, easy to set up.

+2. They're great and reliable