Omron C60k help

Hi Shawn,
You can enter everything using the PRO15.
Attach the PRO15 to the CPU. Switch to program mode. Enter CLR MONTR CLR to show the first address of the program. (00000) You can then write each of the mnemonics line by line in the unit. The Write Key is used as an entry for each of the addresses.
Special instruction like the END is used by the FUN key + 01. Keep is FUN 11, etc.
This is in the manuals.
Regards,

Regarding the cable to the Host Link, yes that is the correct cable.
Make sure the Host Link is a 3G2C7-LK201.
The 3G2A6-LK201 will not work.
Suffix E, EV and EV1 really do not matter.

Mark is a great guy to work with. His cables rock!

You should be able to find a Host Link on ebay.

gclshortt has provided great instructions on using the PRO15.

gtsuport

Last edited:
+1 drbitboy
In the Omron K series controllers, BCD stood for Binary Coded Decimal. Timer SV and PV values were set in BCD.
Regards,

Just stopped back to say...

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

You guys are freaking awesome with the help and support for a complete noob like me.

Thanks to this website, I was able to go from never seeing a PLC before, to writing the ladder program, entering all the mnemonic code in the PRO15, and have a working wash again!! All in about a week... and all on the first try!

Truly thankful to all. Great website! Great people! :geek::geek::geek: 🍻

Shawn
CORE Tech

Awesome! Glad you got it going.
As was stated previously, I would look into thinking about upgrading the PLC.

The Omron CP1L-M60DR-A or D should be the replacement.
If you have the program in Syswin, you could change the processor type to CPM2, save the program then import into CX-Programmer.
Then you could change the processor to CP1L-M.
You will need to re-address Inputs and Outputs, but the code would be good.
Then you would have a complete program for the new PLC series.
C60K processors will be hard to get at some point.

gtsuport

Last edited:
Awesome! Glad you got it going.
As was stated previously, I would look into thinking about upgrading the PLC.

The Omron CP1L-M60DR-A or D should be the replacement.
If you have the program in Syswin, you could change the processor type to CPM2, save the program then import into CX-Programmer.
Then you could change the processor to CP1L-M.
You will need to re-address Inputs and Outputs, but the code would be good.
Then you would have a complete program for the new PLC series.
C60K processors will be hard to get at some point.

gtsuport

^ THIS. ABSOLUTELY.

Your organization dodged a bullet and you are a superstar (never mind the help you got from here; you were humble enough to say "I don't know" and ask, which is the most crucial step of all learning). You have no idea how long that used replacement PLC will last.

If management will not listen, do it yourself with a Click or other low-cost alternative in your spare time, then when it dies next time quit and bid 10k$ to fix it, then use that money to search for a job where you are appreciated.

Well, after going through all this the past week... I don't wanna see another PLC for quite some time lol

But of course, you guys are correct. We should upgrade.

The C60k we bought as a replacement on eBay was missing the E-PROM and several of the RAM chip legs were completely corroded away. Our bottom half of the PLC was completely destroyed from the battery leakage but our top half with the E-PROM was still operable. So we got half our money back and took the chance of the merged PLC's would actually work. Got lucky for sure.

I will definitely check out some kind of upgrade... and the idea of holding my company hostage for the next fix is certainly appealing haha... seeing how used Aqueous washers can cost $20k+.

Thanks gentlemen!