pulse

plachuchee

P
Where can I find the pulse clock in AB?and Siemens Step 7
The fungtion as we need like as M8011-8013 in FX Mittsubishi

Happy a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,
Thanks
Plachuchee

Siemens has several options, 1 is SFB3 pulse timer and the other is SFB43 pulse generation.
If you have Simatic S7 then goto help and look up clock memory.

AB SLC:
Free Running Clock S:4

Status Only the first 8 bits (byte value) of this word are assessed by the processor. This value is zeroed at powerup in the REM Run mode. You can use any individual bit of this byte in your user program as a 50% duty cycle clock bit. Clock rates for S:4/0 to S:4/7 are: 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280, and 2560 ms.The application using the bit must be evaluated at a rate more than two times faster than the clock rate of the bit. This is illustrated in the example below for SLC 5/02 and higher processors.

Micrologix:
Free Running Clock S:4

All 16 bits of this word are assessed by the controller. The value of this word is zeroed upon power up in the REM Run mode or entry into the REM Run or REM Test mode. It is incremented every 10 ms thereafter.

[Application note: You can write any value to S:4. It will begin incrementing from this value. You can use any individual bit of this word in your user program as a 50% duty cycle clock bit. Clock rates for S:4/0 to S:4/15 are: 20, 40, 80, 160, 320, 640, 1280, 2560, 5120, 10240, 20480, 40960, 81920, 163840, 327680, and 655360 ms The application using the bit must be evaluated at a rate more than two times faster than the clock rate of the bit.

RSLogix 500 - Copyright Rockwell Software 2000, 2001

Thanks a lot

Prof:Rsdoran
Thanks a lot for your's kind help.
Plachuchee

Thanks a lot

Prof:Rsdoran
Thanks a lot for your's kind help.
If we need 0.1 sec/pulse ,1 sec/pulse,1 min pulse what we should do
with this special contacts.

Plachuchee

For which one?

With either you can always use 2 timers to create a flashing/blinking output.

You need to be more specific on what your assignment is (I suspect classroom) and what brand plc/software you are using then answers can be more specific.

In your S7 PLC there is a clock memory byte (user definable as to which byte). You get 8 bits with varying frequencies, 0.5 - 10 Hz.

Always On/Off

I just select a couple of bits in my B3 file, enter the descriptions Always On and Always Off, then write a "1" into the Always On. As long as you never write to them, they hold their value.

If RSLogix has dedicated bits for this purpose, it's news to me. The clock bit was a shocker! ::Rushes off to re-write blinking-light subroutine:: Thanks, RS!

TM