Fault codes rs 5000

alex_cordova

Hello, I need some help Trying to decode Fault Codes in RSlogix 5000.
I am using GSV Instruction.

class name : module
Instance name : powerflex
Attribute name : faultcode
Dest: Fault code Int

How do i get it to say the drive error codes it has on the manual for

Apparently your Powerflex drive has sent a fault code to your PLC and saved the fault code in a PLC memory destination called "Fault code Int". Look up the value of Fault code Int in your Powerflex manual, in the Troubleshooting or Faults section.

For the Powerflex 40 User Manual, the list of fault codes F2 to F122 starts in Chapter 4 "Troubleshooting", on page 4-3.

Last edited:
Yes but I get a weird value like 515 for f 71
How do i decode that to say f 71 in side My logic in rs5000
for power flex40, i have found those codes already in side manual, but how do i decode them

Remember i am need to see this the number 2-122 in side my rs 5000 logix

do i have to do some math or masking???

Last edited:
I don't know what number system is being sent by the Powerflex, but "F" in hexadecimal binary-coded decimal is equal to "15" in decimal numbers, and "71" BCD is equal to "113".

"F71" BCD is "3953" decimal. "F071" BCD is -3983 decimal.

Still getting some weird number on msg !
and by the way i am using multidrive its with powerflex40 then connected to powerflex4. i use the powerflex40 as my path

OK just found out i am reading my 22 comm e card , i have multi drive set up, so i how i set up the path in in msg for each drive ? i only have powerflex 40
then powerflex 4

The original instruction you posted about was an SSV to read the FaultCode attribute of the Module Object for the 22-COMM-E itself. This is an error code related to the logical state of the CIP connection between the Ethernet module of the controller and the 22-COMM-E.

As you have seen, it is not the same as the actual drive Fault code. Those are Parameters you need to read from the drive.

There are examples of how to address the various drive Parameters in Single Drive and Multi-Drive mode in the 22-COMM-E User Manual.

The MSG instruction target is still the 22-COMM-E. The Parameter Number is what determines which drive and which parameter in that drive will be read.

The table I always return to is on page 7-20 of Publication 22COMM-UM004, where it shows the offset that you have to add to access the 22-COMM-E itself, or Drive 0, Drive 1, Drive 2, Drive 3, or Drive 4 in Multi-Drive Mode.

To read the first Fault code in the drive, you want to read Parameter d007.

For the PowerFlex 40 (Drive 0), that will be Instance number 17447 + 7 = 17454.
For the PowerFlex 4 (Drive 1), that will be Instance Number 18471 + 7 = 18478.