Control Logix System Status Check

gizmo

We've got a Control Logix Processor talking a Flexlogix rack via ehternet (1756-ENBT@CL and 1794-AENT@flex). RSLogix 5000 v10.

It appears that the remote flex rack is losing communication or maybe losing power on a random cycle (once or twice a week).

Is there an instruction or some logic that I can write to log the Flex's diagnostics/system status?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

You can get the Connection Status of an Ethernet I/O connection by using a GSV instruction. Because only the last four bits are significant, I divide the raw Status value by 4096 to effectively bit-shift 12 bits to the right.

There are a lot more states than just "OK" and "Faulted". Look in the RSLogix 5000 Help under GSV Objects / "Accessing the MODULE Object".

I usually put a rung like this for each I/O Connection in my controller:

[attachment]

gsv_module_status.gif

Last edited:
Follow up

Thanks Ken!

This appears to be exactly what I'm trying to do.
I'm out in the field and unable to review RL5k help, but i'll get a chance this weekend.

What is the "Trigger1" contact?

Thanks Again!!!

A little more info

I beleive early-on the module was to be plugged into the chassis. This changed to give the FFLD greater flexible with other Logix processors. Being a Beta unit, there is limited info at this time. I'm sure I will have more knowledge of this module over the next couple of months so if anyone needs help, please let me know.

Thanks Again.

OOOPS

First off, please disregard previous post. It was intended for another topic.

Another question on this topic.
Faultcode for the 1794-AENT module:
Any number other than "4" represents a problem
1) Is there a list of codes with corresponding faultcode number?
2) Is there a list of available objects in the 1794-AENT module (that can be read via a MSG instruction)?
3) What/How is the Trigger1 contact used in the attach image on Ken's post.

Thanks!

Go into RSLogix 5000 help, and search the Contents with the keyword "GSV". Open the topic labeled "GSV/SSV Objects", then the object "MODULE".

This will tell you all about the various objects you can use the GSV instruction to extract from an I/O module in the Logix backplane or connected via EtherNet/IP or ControlNet.

It includes a list of the error codes for the EntryStatus attribute of the MODULE object. It's likely easier to look it up there than for me to post it here.

The operational status of each discrete module is created as a module-specific tag automatically when you put a 1794-AENT in the I/O tree: it's name is something like "FlexAdapter:I.SlotStatusBits".

The "Trigger1" tag was strictly for convenience in a test program. Probably I'd run these GSV's unconditioned in a periodic task or on a timed subroutine in a real program.

Last edited: