simulate existing plc program in studio 5000

beysic21

Hi all, Im new to Allen Bradley software, so i was given a existing studio 5000 plc program. i already know how to use emulator and rslinx but as i try to communicate it to the existing plc program it cant communicate. i also try by changing the controller type but eventually i cant communicate it. pls help me

Hi,
How can we help you?
Please elaborate more information.

Here is what I know

You are using RS Emulate with RS Linx to sim a program.
You are trying to use the emulated program to communicate with another PLC.
You are changing controller types (What do you mean by this? What controller are you changing and why?)

Here's what I need to know.

How are the comms established in the PLC program? Are they Prod / Cons ? Are they CIP?

What is the type of connection? Is it serial? ethernet? DH+ RIO? DeviceNet?
How is Linx configured?
Are you trying to get the simulated PLC to talk to a live PLC?
What PLC are you trying to communicate to?